BIGbox ✘ Bundle
The BIGbox X 10th Anniversary bundle includes the Modern Classics, Vintage Classics, and Bass collections at a special price. Save some money and get them all. For you fans of the original bundle, the mixIR³ is now a separate product not included in this bundle.
Treat yourself to impulse responses from 49 iconic speaker cabinets. Bring life to lifeless simulations. Add some oomph to your amp sim hardware. Or, crank your tube amp to 10 at any volume.
For Redwirez' 10th anniversary we've reimagined our collection with 10 years of customer feedback in mind. Yes! They sound different. They sound better!
Cabinet IR mixing tips: Hone Your Tone
What’s New in the Anniversary Edition
- Longer. Now 500ms for better bass definition.
- Smoother. Advanced processing to remove unwanted acoustic artifacts.
- Cleaner. Less noise, better SNR.
- Easier. Presets for commonly used studio techniques.
- Mix ready. We filter out the rumble and buzz. IRs sit better in the mix.
Each BIGbox cabinet is sampled at 0, ½, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 12 inches – at up to 6 different speaker positions. This systematic sampling method results in a "grid" of IRs with small, linear changes between them. Because the samples are predictable you can pick a starting point from our "Dialing in your tone" checklist or choose a preset, then quickly zero-in on the perfect sound.
You can use the same micing techniques used in a studio because each library is like a real cab. You like the graininess of your 57, but it has a little too much sizzle, then move it closer by an inch. You want two 57s with one off-axis. Go for it. You want to mic the cone and boost those highs for more air. You can.
A good guitar tone is built with many moving parts. Your setup is unique. Don't settle for someone else's idea of good tone. Hone your own.
What You Get
The collection contains both IRs and mixIR³ IR modules. IRs are packaged as WAV audio files in a variety of sample rates. They can be loaded into most any convolution software or hardware.
MixIR³ IR modules are for use with Redwirez mixIR³ only. Each module contains all IRs for a single cabinet in one file. Loading up an IR module in the mixIR³ brings up a point-and-click visual interface for selecting mics and mic position. Modules also provide controls for tweaking the cabinet's impedance curve and bass response.
The mixIR³ plug-in is not included with the BIGbox Bundle.
Hard Rock: no EQ, no limiting, so TURN IT UP!
Helix: Bogner Uberschall
Headrush FX: Satriani Style
Helix: EVH Brown Sound
AxeFx: More EVH Brown Sound
Helix: Bogner Shiva - Jonn Mayer Style
AX8/CAA3: Various Styles
Helix: VOX AC15 + TS808
Helix: Matchless Country Ballad
- 48 timeless speaker/cabinets used on some of the greatest recordings EVER
- Sampled with up to 15 industry-standard microphones, each with their own special sound
- Up to 6 mic positions to dial in the right tone for your amp
- Up to 9 different mic distances for different amounts of proximity effect, cabinet and roominess
- 500ms IRs packaged in common sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- Aligned for better phase coherence. Mix multiple cabs and mics without comb filtering.
- Uncompromising signal chain. Cabs driven by a super-clean power amp, captured with classic Neve preamps and top-notch converters.
- Compatible with a wide range of recording software and hardware. If your plug-in or device can load a WAV file then it is likely compatible.
mixIR³ Module Features
- Exclusively for the Redwirez mixIR³
- All current Redwirez cabs can be loaded as modules into the mixIR³
- Navigate a virtual 3D cab to visually sculpt your tone
- Accurately model tube amp and speaker interaction with cab-specific impedance curves.
- Easily adjust cabinet bass response
- Equal loudness compensation. Constant level across IRs so you can make decisions based on tone not volume.
- MixIR³ plug-in is not included with the BIGbox Bundle
Money-back GuaranteeWithin the first 14 days after purchase, if for any reason you do not want your plug-in or IRs you can delete them and receive a full refund. No questions asked.
*All product names used in this webpage are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Redwirez. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were sampled during impulse response capture.